What data do we collect?
- Your contact details, postal address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and email address;
- Your on-line browsing activity on our websites
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your location
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform
- Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How do we use your data?
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers, free training events and products and services which we think may interest you
- To make a tailored website available to you
- For market research purposes to better understand your needs
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sometimes it is necessary for us to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur if you are based outside the EEA. The data will be shared with other Palintest companies in China, Australia and USA for the purpose of selling and supplying goods and services to our customers and handling customer contacts and queries. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure.
How long will we keep your data for?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
How do we protect your data?
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from external attacks and unauthorised access.
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.